Green Beret Fitness Operation PHOENIX
Event Name: Green Beret Fitness Operation PHOENIX
Company Name: Green Beret Fitness
Start Date: October 29, 2022 at 08:00 AM (Local Time at Event Location)
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Location Name: Phoenix, Arizona
Location Address: 15441 S 19th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85045, USA
Distance: 11 +/- miles
Event Start Time: Sat 29 October 22 at 0800hrs (Please do not arrive before 0730hrs)
FUP (Forming Up Point) Location: Pyramid Trailhead Parking Lot, AZ
Event Finish Time: Sat 29 October 22 at 1500hrs
Finish Location: Pyramid Trailhead Parking Lot, AZ
Operation PHOENIX is Green Beret Fitness’s inaugural event in Arizona. We have teamed up with the exciting Dirty Girl Ranch to bring you a new and challenging event.
Dirty Girl Ranch (DGR) was started by Jessie, a USAF veteran, and her sister, Ashely, after the passing of their wonderful mother, Robin. “Dirty Girl Ranch is a place where women should feel empowered. They can get dirty, develop new skills, and make lifelong friends in a supportive and judgement free space.” Jessie and/or her sister will be at Operation PHOENIX to answer any questions.
Operation PHOENIX is a test of endurance, fitness, and mental strength.
Candidates must complete the 11+/- mile route in under 6 hours (1.8 miles per hour) to PASS and under 3 hours (3.6 miles per hour) to earn the GBF Operation PHOENIX Dog Tag.
Candidates will meet at Pyramid Trailhead Parking Lot. At 0800hrs, GBF Staff will give an event brief before checking candidates maps and kit. Candidates are advised to carry paper maps (waterproofed), in addition to their smartphone, for navigation. Each candidate must carry 25 lbs plus any water and food. Once GBF Staff are happy with all the candidate's kit, they will be released to begin the route.
The first 20 candidates who sign up will receive a free GBF Operation PHOENIX t-shirt. Candidates finishing in under 3 hours will receive the highly sought-after 'GBF Operation PHOENIX dog tags.
- Mapping. You can navigate this route easily from the AllTrails app on your Smartphone. GBF suggests candidates have a paper map, compass, and GPS for redundancy. To download the route from AllTrails, you will need to sign up for a membership.
- Route. Operation PHOENIX.
- Dress. Candidates' dress will be a personal choice but they are reminded this is a rural event with little provision for support on the trail. Wet weather gear is advised in case of inclement weather conditions.
This list is mandatory:
This list is recommended:
- Maps (waterproofed)
- Blister kit
- Replen. There may be an emergency water replenishment for candidates at the 8-mile point. This will be weather dependent. Candidates should plan on being self-sufficient for water for the whole 11 mile event. Beer and water will be available at the finish.
- Rations. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 x chocolate bars as emergency rations. It is the candidates' own decision if they wish to take extra food with them.
- Water. Candidates must carry a minimum of 3 litres of water at the start in addition to the 25 lbs. The use of hydration bladders is encouraged.
- Medical. A personal medical kit is required by every candidate. GBF Staff must be made aware of any medical conditions prior to starting the event. If any GBF staff deems a candidate is medically unfit to continue, they may be withdrawn from the event for their own safety.
- Transport. Transport to and from the event will be at candidates own arrangement.
- Dogs. Dogs are welcome on Operation PHOENIX but must be well-behaved and on a leash. Candidates with dogs will still be eligible to earn GBF Dog Tags if they finish under 3 hours.
Command and Signal
GBF HQ - 9419939432
Weight - candidate’s backpacks must weigh 25 lbs without water and food.
Numbers - Maximum number of candidates 40. Minimum number of candidates 10.
Cost - $115
Refunds - Refunds will be in the form of a GBF voucher for future events. Refunds within 30 days of an event will not be possible.
T-Shirts - Orders for t-shirts will be placed on 7 October 22. Any tickets booked after this date will NOT be eligible for a t-shirt for this event.
Event data has been taken from the event's official website. Events can be changed at any time so please visit the event's website for the latest details.